Friday 12 February 2016

Current Skin Cleansing routine- Winter

It's the middle of dull winter. Heating and chilly winds make it living hell for our skin. I fight this by taking extra care of my skin making sure it has the best products available for everyday. These bottles have been living in my bathroom experiencing daily abuse by being used. These 4 products are my current favorites, they are a combination of high end/premium skin exfoliate and affordable washes and masks. 

So what is my skin care routine? I wash my face in the morning with the L'oreal skin perfection soothing gel wash, and in the evening. If I have been to work when I come home I wash my face makeup off. I always moisturize afterwards, cleanse and tone. 

The three treatments in this picture are the Elizabeth Arden Visible Diffrence exfoliating cleanser, the Quick Fix Facials face clay face mask and the Cole Face from Lush. I use these a couple of times a week and use a mask once a week. 

A really good tip I got from a lady who did facials- Don't rub your face dry, it damages the capillary under the skin causing damage and pigmentation. It is also irritating and can cause dry patches. 



Prices? 
Because lets face it (no pun intended), it's all down to cost.

L'oreal skin perfecting wash retails for £4.49 a bottle (150ml) in Boots, this wash is great for sensitive dry skin, it is very creamy and washes all traces of makeup away. I'm yet to have a break out using this wash. 

Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference exfoliating cleanser retails for £18  in Boots(mine was part of a gift set), I love Elizabeth Arden, I use the visible difference moisturizer every day. I really think it makes a real difference to my face. It is expensive but it feels so wonderful on the skin and leaves it more radiant and fresh. 

Quick Fix Facials anti-blemish mud mask for oily and spot prone skin, this retails for £4.99  in Boots. I have been loving this and I love the fact it is in a bottle. I was so used to using sachets which were messy and very fiddly to open. I can remember having to rip them open only to loose a nail, nightmare!!! I won't be using sachet masks again. I'm a total bottle convert. 

Finally is the black brick thing on the face cloth, this is by Lush and is called Coal Face. Ages ago I asked for a sample because it has a strong smell and was worried I would react badly to the ingredients. I loved the sample so much I asked for this as a present off my sister. I am so in love with this! I love the fact you can have your own slice cut to your own budget. I really do LOVE Lush. 

I hope you enjoyed reading. If you liked this post please +1 or comment. If you can think of good posts for me to write please let me know. 

Laura x


No comments:

Post a Comment