Friday 12 February 2016

Current Skin Care Routine- Winter

So I admit to the fact that I am in love with skin care! I also spend a fair amount on it each month. This is my current skin care routine. I am a walking advert for high end expensive beauty brands. I am trying to buy cheaper products (emphasis on trying). But I keep coming back to these products. Some of these are pretty new to my skin care, and some have been in my collection for years, repurchased of course. Some of these were parts of gift sets because I had brought make up or products from their range. 

So it is the middle of winter! Our poor skin is going through the toughest time of year; outdoor cold and indoor heating makes our skin tight and dry. This is my winter skin care routine. 


From left to right: 
Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream skin protectant, this was a sample size and I only ever use it on extremely dry patches. I have had this sample for about a year and it's nearly all gone (i'm scraping the last bits out). I find this is amazing on my sensitive skin, and works wonders on chapped hands. I have had several full sized bottles but this is what i'm using at the moment. The fill sized product retails for £26, it does have a strong herbal smell but the healing benefits are phenomenal.

Elizabeth Arden Hydra Splash toner, this is my back up toner as I tend to use Tonique Douceur from Lancome, but I brought this back up as it was on offer. I am not sure they make this anymore in the main Elizabeth Arden stores, but I think it retailed for £18. I love buying back up products so when I run out I have another one ready. 

Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream lip balm, this was £9.99 which I felt was fair for a good quality product. I know many people would fear spending so much on lip balm. But I end up with lips like cracked snake skin during the winter. I love the formula its so rich and hydrating.

Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference moisturizer is my go to for every day. This has been my moisturizer since I was 15. Unlike so many other moisturizers it sits under my makeup really well and doesn't agitate oil production or cause breakouts.   I have tried so many but this always suits my skin the best. A jar lasts me about 2/3 months and retails for £30 a jar. 

Lancome Tonique Douceur is my favorite of all time toner. I also like the Elizabeth Arden one I have but I love the smell of this and my skin feels so fresh and ready to face the day. This is a sample bottle but I have had several full sized, this was a free gift but the full sized retails for £23. I think when this is gone I will be making a trip to the shops to buy another big one.

Christina Breton Eye Care Anti-Fatigue eye gel is the best I have found, it is expensive and retails for around £35. It smells like fresh cut lavender which is so amazing. It really cools down tired and puffy eyes. You can often find this gel on offer. Generally this is a french brand, but you can order it online. 

Philosophy Hope In A Jar Night is an amazing product, if you haven't tried philosophy go and try their products are amazing! They make some of the best skin care out there for any skin type. This retails for £35, but can often be brought in gift sets for far less. 

A really good tip: Remember if this is out of your budget I have used tones of products and most of them work. Try products which are right for you, just because these are good for me does not mean they will suit you. Ask for advice if you're struggling to find good moisturizers, and if you're sensitive skinned ask for samples so you can try before you buy.  

So there we have it my average weekly skin care range. I do have my washing care routine to write up soon . I hope you enjoyed reading if you enjoyed this post please +1 or comment. If you have any ideas for me please let me know. 

Laura x 


No comments:

Post a Comment