Monday 15 February 2016

Sunset and Mermaid eye shadow looks

So, on advice from a friends who said my posts were missing something, suggested I photograph some make up looks with the products I post about. So here it is. 


So using this pallet I made two looks, there might be more to come. But I wanted to show everyone how well these eye shadows perform. Find my original review HERE

The Sunset 
Sunset eyes are beautiful, so I thought I would attempt my own using the sleek pallet. The shades used for the shades are Strike(Bright Orange), Bamm (Bright Yellow), Pucker (Dark Pink), Floss (Baby pink),Creat (Grey), Pow (white). I also used a brown eye liner from No 7 and mascara called Badunkadunk by NYX. 

I took the yellow (bamm) all over the eye lid over a base (cream de nude Mayballine), Strike was then blended in from the middle outwards. I then placed pucker in the outside V blending up into the crease. I then blended creat, pow and floss into the crease using a fluffy blending brush. I then finished with eye liner in brown and mascara. 



The Mermaid 

Greens, blues and yellows are beautiful. Using them in eye shadow can be a challenge. I did smudge a bit of my mascara in this photo, clever me. But I thought this was still simple and pretty. This also used winged eye liner and glitter gel over the black eye liner. The eye liner was Maybelline gel studio eye liner in black, and the glitter was Urban Decay Heavy Metal. The Mascara was NYX badunkadunk. For a base for my eye shadow I used Mayballines 24 hour color tattoo gel in Creme de Nude (nude/white color matte).. 

I took the yellow shade (Bamm) and covered my lid. Taking the green shade Dragonfly I packed on green from the center to the outer corner. I then blended these together using a fluffy blending brush. I then repacked Cricket a bright neon green into the outer corner and blended. I then took Bolt a neon blue and packed into the outer V of the eye. I then went back with a mixture of Pow (white), Cricket (green) and Crete (grey) into the crease. I then highlited the browbone and inner eye area with the shade Pow in white. 

I hope you enjoyed looking through these looks. Let me know if you would like any more of these looks. 

Laura x 


No comments:

Post a Comment