Thursday 29 October 2015

Pink flower nails

Pink flower nails

Lovely bright pink nails! With grey and white flower design and silver glitter polka-dots.  This design was done with a mixture of nail varnish and a new tool to my arsenal called acrylic paint. 


Nail varnish is difficult to work with as it drys very quickly when it comes to nail art, so this was much easier with acrylic paint. They were not fancy paints they were basic paints brought from any craft shop. Water color and oil are either too thick or too thin to use. One of the major benefits to using acrylic is if you make a mistake you just get a wet ear bud and wash it off. Cool right? 




This is one of my all time faviourate pink nail varnish and was one of my first Models Own nail polish. Because they are a bit pricey I buy them on the 2 for 3 offer when they happen in Superdrug. It is so bright and summery. This polish comes from the product line Polish for Tans in Sun Hat.


In terms of tools I used a small paint brush and flat edge nail brush. I also used a dotting tool for the dots down the side. 














They really did shine with the top coat from collection 2000 gel, it was really beautiful. They stayed on the nails for 10 days +. 


I hope you enjoyed reading this and perhaps got some cool ideas. Please feel free to comment. 


Laura 

No comments:

Post a Comment