Thursday 29 October 2015

French Nails but better

French Nails but better




The french nail is one of the most iconic nail art forms. With classically white tips with natural colored base it looks prim and proper. But I thought it was long overdue a make over, as with every iconic look it's hard to beat but you can always try. 


Here is my own version of a french nail with new detailing. It has a peacock feather at the side of the white tip. This is not very clear as the camera I have is not very good and has no zoom. 


I used normal nail varnish and a striping tool, it also has silver dots which I used a dotting tool and glittery varnish and a tear drop blue gem stone. 





This look didn't take too long and wasn't too difficult. It has a really unique effect and looks really pretty and good for formal occasions or work. 




I love french nails as it makes your nails look really fresh and clean. 




The design lasted around 7 days, the gem stone was the first area of damage and it pulled paint off with it. 




I think some improvements for next time would be to shorten all my nails to the same length, my ring and little finger always grow longer far faster than the middle or index. This can leave my index finger looking rather short. But besides this I was pleased with the overall impact. 

TOP TIP: If you are NO good at painting on a french tip you can buy stencils which are inexpensive as a guide. 


I hope you enjoyed reading this, if you have done a french manicure please post me a picture or comment. I would love to hear from you. 

Laura x





No comments:

Post a Comment