Sunday 4 October 2015

Nail Gem Ideas

Nail Gem Ideas 


Here are so basic ideas for nail gems. They are mostly pictures but they will give you some good ideas and easy to do nail designs. I am not a professional and do this for fun from home. I have no formal training, but just enjoy having a go. It is not my job or anywhere close to my actual job, but I enjoy doing friends and family's nails. 


Nail gems need something to stick to, you can but professional level gem glue, but personally I already own clear nail varnish and it sticks well enough to that. Make sure the gem is well encased in sticky top coat and cover again twice to ensure security. If your nail gem tugs or gets stuck on things you haven't used enough glue or have placed it wrong. If you're worried it won't set in time, or have a job/lifestyle where you need it to stay on tight, I would suggest getting the gem glue. 

You can use gems under standard nail varnish or acrylic nails. Remember you can also use other things such as stickers, glitter or materials under the nail too.  

Above in the picture we have several types of gems from studs to circle gems and tear drop shapes. 


TOP TIP: Never use nail gems which are way too big for your nails, this can make them look odd, if you have small nails which are short, get some nail gems in proportion to your nails. 


Where to buy? 
You can buy nail gems from lots of places, you can buy them from fashion stores and even the supermarket. I get mine online from Amazon where you can find a huge variety of sizes and shapes. I brought around 1000 for about £6, I got many shapes and i'm still enjoying them everyday. 

Below are some more recent nail gem designs. 


As you can see there are a lot of things you can do with nail gems. They really are fun to use. As long as you stick them down well they will last as long as your nail varnish does. 

I hope you enjoyed, please feel free to comment. 

Laura 





No comments:

Post a Comment