Sunday 8 November 2015

Blusher- Sleek

Blusher- Sleek 

Sleek is a British based brand which make inexpensive highly pigmented makeup products. I came across this brand by accident, when a friend of mine brought the Urban Decay Electric pallet, it was stunning and nothing similar  to anything I had seen before. I was besotted by the dazzling ocean blue and the cocktail orange colors. I wanted that pallet so much, but could not justify spending that much on a product; £38... I will post her blog down the bottom. So, I got home and googled bright eye shadow pallets; up came a brand I have never heard of: Sleek. I did my research and found that this brand had got a lot of good reviews and ratings. I was convinced that spending £7 would not be the end of my financial stability, and if it turned out to be a pallet fit for a four year old I wouldn't be too upset. I brought that pallet it is called V1, and it's fantastic. Since then I have been Sleek hooked. It is my secret and affordable love. 




I brought their blushers when I wanted something fun and dazzling. I brought rose gold first. It was like nothing I had brought before; it was shimmer and i'm a lover of cream formulations and not shimmer or glitter. This was not an impulse buy, but an attempt at something new. My last blusher had run out and it was time for a change. 

I was stunned, yes it was shimmer; but no I did not look like a happy shiny clown ready for a night out in shimmer town. It was subtle and attractive. It is very close to the texture and finish of NARS orgasm £23; but for a substantially less eye watering price of £4.49. 

The product blends well, builds easily and has just the right amount of pigmentation where you don't feel like you're going from zero to a hundred in one sweep. I think this is as good as my MAC blushers. It is a soft rose pink with a hint of finely milled gold shimmer. 



Here is another of their blushers: Coral. This is a mid toned warm brown. This would not be suitable for ladies with cool tones in their skin as it will make you look orange. But this is a fantastic blusher for summer. This can also be used as a contouring powder as it contains almost no shimmer or glitter. I would describe this as a matt. It blends perfectly and is similar to Elizebeth Arden Terrarose in color and texture. This is again the small price of £4.49. This is my everyday go to blusher after my love of Elizebeth Ardens blushers and Diors CD blush. I was a brand lover before coming across gems like this on the high street. 











Pomegranate punch is the next fantastic pot of joy(Right of text). A rich deep pink/red with pink and gold shimmer. This is very similar to a Dior CD blusher I had years ago, and comparable in texture and quality. It is very pigmented and needs to be used sparingly. However, if you have a deeper complexion this really is going to be your new love affair. For me this makes my cheeks look fresh and warm, without that over the top pink look. In person it almost has a wine coloring to it. 




This blusher on the left is a lethally bright coral called Life's a Peach. In the box it looks like a bright tangerine orange which is both intimidating and compelling. I was daring and brought this one for a bit of fun. It is the color of pumpkin and the finish is matt. Although is is super bright it is very wearable. Instead of coming out horrid and like a bad fake tan it comes out coral. I would say if you have pale skin give this a go, it is easy to build and has no pink in it. 







The final blusher I own from Sleek is called Antique. This is almost a purple with a hint of cool brown. This is the perfect shade for Autumn. This does have glitter in it but no sheen. The glitter is sparse and not too reflective. It gives a lovely warm tone to the skin. I have never seen a blusher in this color, but I have seen an eye-shadow by the body shop. This blusher can also double as a contouring shade. I love this as I like a natural look to my makeup, I hate the OTT cake face look; it looks hideous on me.  











Want another positive? I have very sensitive skin, which is why I tend to avoid cheap cosmetics! I have had no reaction, no spots or irritated skin. It has lasted all day in work and out of work, easy to wear and wash off. I give this product a 10/10! I never give anything a 10/10... Truly a high-street find. Now get your butts to the shops and buy, buy, buy! HIGH STREET HERO PRODUCT! 


So there we have it, SLEEK blushers all for £4.49 each and often on special offer. Let me know what you think, here is the friend who was lucky enough to get the Urban Decay pallet.


Available at Superdrug and Boots UK. 


Here is Sleeks main website

All other information on prices were sourced from Debenhams and NARS. 


I hope you enjoyed my first attempt at a makeup post. Please feel free to comment. 

Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment