Thursday 14 January 2016

Victoria Secrets Birmingham

Victoria Secrets 

Upon visiting the new Victoria Secrets store in Birmingham a few months ago I was left infuriated that they only carry up to a DDD bra. The shop was beautifully presented with glossy stands displaying products and pictures of the "angels" proudly adorning the walls. This is suppose to be the pinnacle of femininity, and yet it is ostracizing many women for something they have little control over, their breast size. 

I love their bags, they are a really nice touch which I wish other brands did.
Before this I had never visited any Victoria Secrets store, but was more than aware of the brand, and of the angels due to heavy media coverage. Like any woman underwear and nightwear are an essential part of any wardrobe, so I was slightly disheartened that they didn't carry sizing for all women to celebrate femininity in all of it's glory. I know many women who wouldn't be able to shop here due to it stopping at a DDD. 

The only I have from Victoria Secrets, I really love this it smells amazing.

So I spent my trip pottering round the nightwear, underwear, perfume and body section. I was very impressed with the shop, but there seemed to be no staff anywhere to ask anything. It wasn't overly busy so unless I just visited during a quiet day it felt rather empty. It was also quite messy, their bra walls were not full leaving odd gaps in the wall. Their underwear sale section looked like something I see in primark, and actively avoid. But I really enjoyed the nightwear section and perfume displays. Their perfume is surprisingly nice and fresh at a very reasonable price. 

I wasn't overly impressed with the items I saw in the bra and underwear section, they seemed very average. Although i'm sure the fit is wonderful (from reading reviews), their actual design is pretty basic and the materials they use pretty standard. I have seen very similar items for far less in shops such as New Look, H & M, Matalan, F & F Tesco and Primark. However their fit might be totally different.


I did however come across a really beautiful kimono dressing gown. It was truly stunning and I really loved it. Sadly I already have several dressing gowns and felt it was unnecessary to own yet another. 

Would I visit again? Yes, but only to look at their body, perfume and nightwear sections. Personally I feel there is better quality for less elsewhere. I do love the bags they provide with the paper which is a really special touch. I feel lots of higher end stores are missing out on nice packaging. 


I hope you enjoyed reading 

Laura x 





No comments:

Post a Comment