Friday 22 January 2016

Soaps- Scottish Fine soap, Arran Apothecary and Chikpe

Most of us use soap. I love soap for my hands and body! But I like to buy unusual soaps from brands people have probably not heard of. One of my great hunting grounds is TK MAXX, love that place. But I also buy from local businesses, craft fairs and online. You might think it's crazy to have so many soaps, but I love all things pretty which smell nice, and i'm a real sucker for nice packaging. 

   Scottish Fine Soaps 


Scottish Fine Soaps is a brand I truly love! Their soap is so creamy and makes wonderful presents or a bit of everyday luxury for anyone. I love the blubell soap (blue individual in) it smells amazing. You really have to try it to smell how beautiful it is. It even comes in a beautifully packaged box. The other soaps are sea kelp and oatmeal, they smell divine especially the sea kelp.  
  


What I love about these soaps is they leave no residue on the skin, but leave behind their fragrance which I can smell from the other side of my landing after I have had a bath. They feel very luxurious and expensive. Their single soap in a tin retails for £4.95 and their pack of 4 soaps retail for £12.95 from their website HERE.  They make fantastic gifts for anyone, and I love soap and shower products, I especially love classically designed soaps which have a vintage feel and are packaged beautifully. They are rather expensive, but once you smell them you'll totally understand why. 

The blue bell soap smells like really fresh intense forest fresh blue bells. Imagine sitting among millions of blue bells, that is how good it smells. It brings back memories of spring time.

Sea Kelp smells really strong and fresh, it smells like fresh washing and baby powder.

Oatmeal soap smells earthy and like fresh cut wood sap, to me it smells nothing like oatmeal but it's lovely.  



Arran Apothecary 


These two soaps are really lovely. I brought these individually and I have already used two Seaweed and Oatmeal soaps which have chunks of real seaweed inside of them. The soap bars have a lovely smell and are very large and easy to handle. They smell so natural and not synthetic like so many soaps out there.  These soaps retail at £2.75 each and are really beautiful, they have grooves which make it a great massarge bar too. I really think everyone should try the seaweed bar it is just out of this world. They are avaliable from their online store HERE.

Lavender and Tea Tree smells like fresh lavender stem with a hint of tea tree which is not overpowering. 

Seaweed and Oatmeal smells earthy and herbal. 


Naturally Scottish- Arran Aromatics 

This is another branch of the brand Arran Aromatics (reviewed above) these bars are much bigger at 200g each. I couldn't find these exact soaps online, but a bar this size retails for £3.50 each. They are huge and about double the size of a normal soap bar. They do sell some of these bars online but I could not find the avocado and oatmeal.

Lavender smells of strong lavender, it smells very herbal. 
Alo Vera smells floral and fresh. 
Avocado and Oatmeal smells fresh and herbal. 




Chikpe 


Chikpe is a brand which is only available in store in Shrewsbury. They have their own shop which stocks handmade products but they do have an Ebay page Here which makes it easy to get to if you live no where near Shrewsbury. Their soaps retail at £3 each. Their soaps are good for people with sensitie skin, the brand started in 2000 and does not test on animals!  I really think everyone should give them a go.  

Lavender soap smells of light lavender with real lavender flowers dried. 
Rose soap smells very floral with a hint of rose. 


Here is the top of those soaps with the dried flower on them, how pretty are they!


I hope you enjoyed reading this post, if you have any questions please leave a comment. 


Laura x 

If you would like to find out about cool cupcake soap click HERE, if you would like to read about some ace LUSH products click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment