Friday 22 January 2016

Lavender and Thyme salt scrub

Lavender and Thyme salt scrub 

Home made scrubs are so easy to make, and fantastic! I have been making many and I thought I would be nice and share them with you over the course of a few weeks. So here is the first, a homemade fresh Lavender and Thyme salt scrub. 

Why make your own scrub? Aren't the shops full of them? Well yes, the shops are full of scrubs but they are full of extra ingredients and potential irritants. Furthermore, you'll pay over the odds for something which grows in the ground. Making your own means it's not tested on animals and it vegan. 

I'm using plants I grow in my garden, so I know where it has been and what it has been exposed to. If you don't have these plants growing, you can either buy a whole plant, or buy dried online. You will need: 

A few sprigs of fresh lavender- or dried lavender flowers 
Thyme sprigs- fresh or dried (fresh is preferred) 
Sea salt- gritty or fine milled depending on desired finish (I used Himalayan salt) 
Oil- coconut, olive oil or vegetable oil. 
Jar or storage container, unless you're going to use it all at once 



To make- If you're using fresh or dried place all ingredients in a pestle and mortar and grind down, if you don't have one place all in a plastic food bag and bash vigorously with a rolling pin. Once all the ingredients are mixed up place into your jar and enjoy using your scrub. 

This makes a fantastic exfoliate and the fragrance from these plants and essential oils are mesmerizing. The exfoliation of the skin using this will improve circulation, and salt is a known skin purifier. 

I hope you enjoyed this post, please let me know if you have made this. 

Laura x


Find me on my Facebook page , or find my whole Blog here

No comments:

Post a Comment