Sunday 27 December 2015

Clinique Chubby stick dupes

Chubby sticks- Lip crayons 


Since the classic clinique chubby sticks came into existence many brands did not carry fat crayon shaped colored lip products. But since then many brands have jumped on crayon the band wagon. 

So as there are so many dupes which even look the same, are they any good? I think most of us have become pretty savvy these days looking for products which are just as good for the price of a cup of coffee (with cream and marshmallows please). There are some pretty convincing dupes out there for MAC, Urban Decay and other products too. I feel many of us (me anyway) spend a few hours a week trawling through the ocean which is the blog-o-sphere looking for someone with the best dupes. So what about the Chubby sticks? 





I have the clinique's whole lot of candy range of three chubby sticks. They are easy to use and have a lot of product in for the money. I have also had a go with the chubby stick lip stick range, and really enjoyed the quality and color coverage. There has been so much internet hype about these product that they are hard to ignore. They have become a cult product very much like the Naked pallets from Urban Decay, they are renowned for high quality products which everyone loves. I feel that so far these are the best product on the market for the money. I have tried many brands and will review these down below. I feel these melt on the lips and leave behind a flavorless balm which is well pigmented. This product does not dry out the lips and leaves a tint rather than a full coverage lip color. The color fades at an even pace and does not clump/dry upon reapplying. There is a large selection of colors from this brand and all are distinctly different. In terms of longevity of the product I have had these over 12 months, and they are still as good as the day I opened them! Love this product so much! 

This product gets a 10/10

Price- £17.00 at Boots for one 




The next product is the Revlon lip crayons which look undoubtedly similar to the Clinique ones. I have the special edition Just Bitten Kissable lip balms (pack of three) in 040 Rendezvous, 001 Honey and 025 Sweetheart. These are all full sized products (2.7g). They are in a similar packaging to the Clinique chubby sticks, but they do a few more ranges such as Matt and lacquer balm. They are easy to use and melt on the lips, they seem a bit harder than the Chubby sticks but their moisture lasts, and the color does not fade. The colors are distinguishable from each other and would be easily comparable to the Clique ones. The major difference lies in the product color and fragrance. The color pay off is not as rich as the Chubby stick and the fragrance is peppermint. I'm not a fan of the fragrance but it does not linger. This also made my lips tingle upon application. After 30 mins of wearing the product did start to become tacky and sticky, but this is easily resolvable by another layer of balm.

This product gets a 8/10

Price per Crayon- £7.99 






This is the Bourjois Color Boost lip crayon. I got one as part of a gift set when you spent over a certain amount on this brand, it was called the sun kiss gift. The shade was Peach on the Beach and this is a very bright pale pink. I really did not like this product at all. It has that cosmetic chemical smell to it ,which honestly I don't want near my lips. I also found the color looked awful on and couldn't think of a skin tone it would actually suit... The color pay off was rich but it was inconsistent across the lips. Upon application the crayon is very soft and melts very quickly leaving you with too much product looking like a CLOWN. Beautiful... The product also moved around the lip and did not come off/wear off evenly leaving me with bare middle lips. The only good thing is it did moisturize my lips well.  I still own this crayon but I won't be using it again, or buying from this product line again. The line carries several every day shades, but like much of the Bourjois brand there is nothing which stand out against the crowd in color range. 

I was greatly disappointing with Bourjois crayons. Most of their products are very good quality and their lipstick range is really the bomb!

This product gets a 3/10

Price £7.99 


So there we go, I think the Revlon and the Clinique ones are the best. of course you can choose for yourself which ones you want to try and buy. Everyone's skin tone and texture is unique making each product work in a different way. But if I am to buy another budged or dupe for Cliniques Chubby stick it will be Revlon's crayons I reach for. 


I hope you enjoyed reading this post. 

Laura x 









No comments:

Post a Comment