Sunday 27 December 2015

10 Things that were trendy in 2015

In 2015 there were so many hype trends going on... These were some of the odd trends in the beauty and fashion world in 2015.  As ever trends come and go. Here are some mega trends from the past: the thick waist best, the glitter lip gloss, the pig tails of the 90's (oh the Spice Girls), the side fringe, the super straight hair, Burberry everything, super big impractical hoops, neon bright clothing, mini skirts, velvet, crop tops, hair braids and of course who could forget from 2014 the half shaved head look... Yes some were good back then but are now a cringe worthy experience looking through those photo albums. 




1) THIGH GAP 
This was a trend where you could put your knees together and have a gap while standing upright.
Just why? Why? WHY? After speaking to male friends they think women with a huge gap between her thighs is kind of weird, and I have to say I only know a few women who have this without looking forced. I never understood why this was suppose to be attractive, or make women more desirable.

2) Bright colored lips (Blue and Green) 
I am all for trying something new. But there is a line for me where my lips  are not green or blue (unless its Halloween) . I have to say some women did  pull this off in these shaded, but honestly it would make me look totally ridiculous... Not something I could go to work in, or see family in.

3) Thigh Brows 
The brows for you thighs. Humm, another odd trend I never understood in 2015. Why would I want brows on my thighs? I have brows on my face, i'm satisfied with them.

4) Perfect winged eyeliner (cat eye) 
With loads of products aiming to make this a reality with online tutorials using tape, a spoon, a credit card, a stencil and dots I still can't do it. I end up with one wing higher than the other, or one thicker than the other. I have practiced, brought products, and even tried the spoon thing. Nope. I just accept this is not happening for me.

5) Contouring 
Yes, lets paint our faces with so many colors of the beige rainbow and make clown tutorials at the same time! I actually like mild contouring as it can look classy and accentuate features. But since the mass market has done contorting in a variety of good and bad products, I keep seeing women with what appears to be mud streaks down their face...  In saying that I have tested so many contouring pallets and getting it too heavy is so easy to do. I think i'll leave this one to the makeup artists.

6) Highlight Contouring
As well as contorting there has been a surge in highlight products. Now again I like a small amount of highlight. But I have seen many people with too much, and it is so easily done. As well as this women are left to fend for themselves figuring out what shade they are suppose to buy. This is something I will be leaving behind on the 2015 bandwagon!

7) Ombre lip 
Ombre lips is a look where you have darker corners of your mouth and lighter center.
I never ever got this trend. I just didn't see why you would want an ombre lip. Maybe my lips just aren't as full and voluptuous as those doing video tutorials on them. But personally I like a simple lip with a nice color.

8) Colored in eyebrows 
The rise of eye brow gel, pencil and stencils to change the way your face looks.
This is another odd trend of 2015. I keep seeing women with what appear to be giant angular eye brows on their faces like a Disney villain. Now I do sometimes fill in eyebrows with a powder based product, but I would stay well clear of the super thick eye brow trend. I prefer to look more natural.

9) Fiber Lash 
A mascara with fine fibers in them which build up long thick lashes, giving the lashes a fake look.
After a handful of internet horror stories on eye infections I will not be investing in this fiber lash thing.

10) Nail caviar 
Nail caviar is tiny small beads which are loose that you tip onto nails with a wet base.
I brought quite a few nail caviar beads. They looked totally amazing online and I was like wow, yes. Yes, they went everywhere and unless I used acrylic gel to seal them in they would slowly fall away leaving my manicure looking rather rubbish in a matter of hours.

I hoped you enjoyed reading, remember if you loved these trends then well done. Just some of these really didn't float my boat.

Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment